Tuesday, February 12, 2008

GREETINGS FROM 2ND

Hello Readers,

As this is my first time “blogging,” I am unsure on how to address my blog’s reader demographic, or for that matter, how to start what is sure to be the best blog in Centenary Softball history.

If you do not know who I am already my name is Lyn Virdell and I am yes, FINALLY a senior this year for the Ladies softball team. You can readily find me at 2nd base or at the local Starbucks unwinding with one of the other senior players. I am like many athletes an Exercise Science major, but unlike most I spent my first 3 years in Mickle Hall (the Biology department) slaving away in hopes of a medical career. I am now very happy to state that I have found my calling in the area of pharmaceuticals and will be drug repping in Tulsa as soon as I leave my college years behind be.

Enough about “ME” lets talk about “WE,” Which seems to be the theme of our 2008 season. “Don’t be a ME person, be a WE person,” which in Laymen’s terms means don’t play selfish, and do what’s best for the team…etc. As a whole, it has had a great impact on the team. I may also one day decide to apply it to other areas of my life…

In further news, we have just finished up the first tournament of the year in Texarkana…I suggest if you want the results you just turn to ol’ gocentenary.com, because this informer is completely biased on the weekend. Now, as far as this coming weekend goes, we head off to start a new in Waco, Texas. You know what that means…Glen Moore. For those of you who haven’t seen or heard of him I strongly suggest Googling and it will explain itself. Oh, and the games…I’m always up for a good challenge.

Hugs and homeruns,

LYN

1 comment:

Roy Lang III said...

Yes, this will definitely be Centenary's best softball blog ever.